Wednesday, December 12, 2007

so what, so i've got a smile on, but it's hiding the quiet superstitions in my head.

it's cold, and there is no snow. i don't really understand how that works. it seems like no matter how many layers i put on i am still freezing with my teeth chattering madly. maybe someday i will invest in a coat made to endure the arctic tundra, but for now i still put fashion before function and layer sweatshirts under my thin peacoat.

i have this song constantly on my mind. i bought it yesterday, i'm listening to it on repeat. if i told you what song it is many of you would scoff at me because it's been played on the radio many times. but i like it.

=things that define me=
i am:
the girl with the pink fisher price horn on her mountain bike
the girl with the birdie boots
the girl that wears spandex all the time- even to class
the girl that is a libertarian environmentalist
the girl that rawrs at things/people
the girl that pretends to be a veloci raptor when crossing the street on runs

ahem. enough of that.

thank goodness for good friends that ride my bike next to me in the freaking cold as i run really slowly. thank goodness for friends that carry my backpack and talk to me when i run in the pool for an hour. thank goodness for friends that comment on my blogs and notes even though they usually make no sense at all. thank goodness for friends that steal my laptop and hold it for ransom until after i have studied for finals. thank goodness for friends that feed me ice cream and brownies and tell me i'm cool even though i know i'm not.

mr. light-up-palm-trees-on-the-mountain-side-man, i think it is ridiculous that you put cameras up there. we know you have a lot of money (you must, who else would put 20+ twenty foot palm trees on the side of the mountain), but cameras? geez. it's like your expecting some college students to go hike up there and mess with your trees. i think it's lame, and you're no fun. no fun at all.

i'm excited for my birthday. and for finals to be over. and egg rolls.

5 comments:

alex said...

I rode my bike next to you! It wasn't in the cold though...

Sara said...

Best of luck with your finals!!
And yay for velociraptor impressions on sjms loop runs. We still do that every time we do that run, in memory of you.

Cassandra Stanislaw said...

basically, you inspire me.
thank you for being wonderful.

Elysie said...

i'm sorry your quest to steal the palm trees failed. i wish i was there because
a) i have ski masks we could wear
b) i have a thing you can cut chains with.

success!

Cassandra Stanislaw said...

i miss biking next to you and freezing. i miss eating gallons of ice cream and cookie dough with you, katelyn, and amanda. i miss holding your backpack and talking to you while you run for 45 min on an indoor-water-treadmill.

i miss you kimmie poo.