Tuesday, December 11, 2007

i don't know why, but i feel a need to explain. i shouldn't though.

today is the day that i will find the fiction section of the library. i need to find it.

i hate how people read too deeply into what i say in these thingers. you shouldn't, cause most likely i'm not talking about you..... actually i really probably am, but i don't feel i need to explain myself outside of my blogs cause YOU choose to read it.

most of you know how i feel about religion in general... or rather how i felt about it in high school. i think my views have changed a bit since i've been exposed to more diverse ideas in the past couple months.

i honestly don't care at all what your religious views are... you can be amish, lds, atheist, a satan worshiper..... i love to talk about religion, but i won't judge you because of yours. it hurts really bad when people i care a lot about try to push their religion on me.... it almost feels like i'm not enough for you as i am right now. and you say that i can be truly happy.... but how do you know that i'm not already?

maybe i've been blessed in a way, because i was not born into a specific church. it has been a way for me to determine who my real friends are. my real friends are the ones that love me even though i have not been baptised, they are the ones that love me when i go to church. my true friends are the ones that say "Kim, no matter what you decide we will be behind you 100%." they are the ones that know me and love me for the person i am, not for my religious beliefs.

to be honest, if i am reading the book of mormon...... which i may or may not be..... i probably wouldn't tell anyone.... or at least not many people.... because from one side i would get criticism, and from the other i would get a lot of pressure put on my shoulders. and i don't want either one of those.

i love religion, i think it can bring out the best and worst in people. it is such a powerful thing. but it is also a very personal thing. please don't tell me what you think i should do with my life.... you never know i might already be doing it.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I actually have nothing to say to this, I just wanted to be the first to comment on something. Luffs and unicorns,
sara
p.s. the "word verification" thing i need to type to prove I'm not a computer (or whatever those things are for) is ctrlt. ironic...the ctr part i mean. ok never mind.

alex said...

was that comment directed at me.

see what i did there? i'm so funny.