Friday, December 28, 2007

hey now now we're going down down

So much has happened this past week and a half, so much…. But it has been so good. I am really happy and thankful to have him in my life. I am normally a dramatic person…. Drama seems to follow me everywhere I go, but this time there is no drama…. Everything just feels right. It’s just so good. These next five days will be torture.

Okay, I need to write about him a bit more to get it out of my system so that future blogs won’t be cheesy.

I like him. A lot. And it’s funny because I didn’t think he knew of my existence in high school and he thought I didn’t know about his, when in reality both of us were perfectly aware of the other. He remembers that time he said hi to me in the lunch room junior year when I was sitting alone. I remember that he was gone during most of election week in American Problems senior year. We both remember that time he tried to strike up a conversation about Wes Anderson films… and I shut him down quickly…. Not because I didn’t want to talk to him, but because I didn’t know what to say.

I remember staring at him across the lunchroom and wanting to ask him why? Why Jessie Keefe?

But now that is all behind us. And we are right where we are supposed to be at the moment. I like him and my dad likes him, and that means a lot to me.


Okay. Part two of this blog.

I feel a need to make people happy. It makes me so sad when I can’t. I ran into an old high school friend at the gym the other day and I asked him how everything was going for him…… things were going horribly for him. His girlfriend broke up with him, he lost his scholarship, he hated college choice, he has no money, he had a crappy job, and had just gotten over the flu. I was surprised that he just poured out everything to me. So I just gave him a hug. I wish there was a universal thing to say or do that would automatically cheer someone up. It would make things so much easier. I also talked to one of my really good guyfriends the other day and things are going pretty rough for him as well. He broke down in front of me and it tore my heart into pieces. I wish there was a way to bottle up pain and give it to someone else, because I would have taken his pain and made it my own if I could. I just don’t know what to do in those situations. I want to help so bad.


Okay, back to him. I am dating him. He is my boyfriend. This is going to be really hard for me to be honest, because I am the most boy crazy girl you will ever meet. I also think I have a severe case of A.D.D. which is not a good combo. It will be hard to be up there and have him down here and not look at other boys. I’m just being honest. But I am going to put everything I can into this. Cause I like it and I want it to last for quite some time.


I love Glenn Beck. See what I mean? A.D.D.! but really though. He is such a smart man, with so many good points. My dad bought me his book and got it autographed for me. That’s probably one of the best birthday presents I could have received. The part that hit me the most in the book was how he talked about college and how most professors are hardcore liberals and have a very liberal bias when they teach…. Sometimes I feel stupid that I disagree with the class and my friends, but now I know that it is good. I’m not just going along with what other people think anymore. College has taught me to question the things people say and find out my views for myself. Some people like to put down my political beliefs, but when I turn it around on them, they can’t seem to give me definite opinions on what they believe, they just KNOW I’m wrong and they are right because their parents, professors, or friend says so. It drives me crazy when people put down my opinions and they have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

Glenn Beck = coolest man ever.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

i love glenn beck too!
p.s. it's melissa allen

Elysie said...

sorry if i ever make you feel bad about your political beliefs.

but i'm glad that you are so happy with "boy" i'm glad that you have found someone who isn't a jerk (for example "boy who isn't related to me and liked aquatic animals")