Thursday, January 31, 2008

climate change

the closest thing i can think of to describe the feeling is it was like being an atheist at church. everyone was in agreement with what they were saying, no one questioned the information that was being told to us. i began to question myself and my own beliefs.
i'm glad i went. it was such a good learning opportuinty. it has left me feeling unsure of myself. i don't think this is necesarily a bad thing, i just need to rethink my ideas about this world we live on.
i wanted to argue with them. i wanted to question them, but i don't have enough guts to stand up in a room full of people that believe the same thing and question their information.
but in my head i question it.

sometimes in this world you have to question everything that people say. there is so much conflicting information out there and it is hard to decide what is real and what is made up so that someone can gain money and power. that's an awfully pessamistic way to look at life, but it seem a necessary thing to do now.

2 comments:

alex said...

I whole-heartedly recommend questioning anything and everything you're told (within reason, of course).

Also, I love going somewhere and having your beliefs seriously challenged. Last semester in my religion class there were a few days I almost felt unsure of my atheism. However, when questions about your own beliefs are raised you're given an opportunity to examine them and either revise or strenghten them.

One final note: Do you think climate change isn't real, or do you just question humanities influence over it?

Maren said...

I don't know what church your refering to...but I would always question a religion that would gain power or money due to my conversion.