Monday, January 28, 2008

or what it was...

I finally invested in a suitable winter coat. basically nothing goes through it. No wind, nor water, nothing penetrates the surface... it's quite lovely. I find myself walking a lot more, now that i can withstand the frigid weather. while walking to class today i discovered an ice skating rink in the tower's parking lot. i am very tempted to take my skates over there and do a few spins.

there is nothing like the feeling of having someone there to take care of you when you are sick. someone to put their arm around you and tuck you into a mound of blankets. having someone tell you that you are the most beautiful girl in the world even though you have a 105 degree fever. some one that buys me lillies and leaves them outside my door.

for spring break i am planning on going to zion national park to do some service. we will be there a week and the plan is to pull up the talmisk (invasive plant that uses a gallon of water a day and makes it so animals cannot get access to the river), then plant native plants in the area. the remainder of the time we will be hiking. i am so excited for this opportunity to meet new people and to do service in a place that i love! i just hope everything works out then i will be so happy!

this semester has been amazing so far. i know, i know it's not very far into the semester, but i just feel so happy and content about life. i am loving my classes: math, biology, biology lab, living with wildlife and english! i am actually able to concentrate and i find myself getting a lot done and actually learning the material. i have the best crackerbear on earth that treats me like a princess. :)

that is all that is going on in my life as of right now.

2 comments:

Elysie said...

oh, i'm glad you liked the flowers.

haha. just kidding. but seriously, that was so funny.

alex said...

Yay for saving mother earth! meanwhile, I'll be sitting around in my underpants watching tv all spring break.