Wednesday, May 21, 2008

so lets cause a scene, clap our hands, stop our feet!

So today was my first day of work. this is my first real life job. okay, yes i have been working since i was 14 starting with arctic circle then to midvale pool and on to so jo pool then the pie and coaching track with starbucks being next, but this is my first real-life-40-hour-a-week-job-that-will-actually-help-me-in-life. and today was very productive. today i:
learned how to operate a forest service walkie talkie
learned what to do in dangerous instances of lightning
carried huge logs up a trail
made a wall so the trail doesn't get washed out
got a forest service uniform (they are sooooo hawt)
learned how to properly treat the trail tools
but most importantly, i decided going into my first day that i was going to be completely myself and if nobody liked it than they could go..... i dunno. but yano what? i was so comfortable being myself that everyone around me was comfortable with me too. it was amazing. everyone i work with is probably about 25, but somehow i managed to befriend them all in the 9 1/2 hour worked today. i felt very successful today, and i'm so excited cause i love the crew that i am working with. I was also told that because of my experience of riding dirt bikes since the age of 6, that i will be getting certified to ride the trail bike to help haul stuff up in the deep wilderness. *seriously* i'm going to get paid to ride a dirt bike. i don't think it could get any better. i'm so excited for this job. i know i am going to be very tired, but it is just so awesome to take a step back and be like "hey, i built that wall."

i felt very successful and happy about my first day of work. but coming home was a different story. i'm still struggling with this whole living-with-the-parents-again-thing.

to top it all off. i have the most amazing boyfriend ever. i actually feel sorry for all of you because i can't really share him with you. :( too bad. but he always knows how to take the most horrible situations and make me smile.

2 comments:

Elysie said...

i want a real job. something that is more than a sideline distraction. i lurve you

Cassandra Stanislaw said...

you, me, and elyse used to sing this without any music.. and know all the words :)