Saturday, May 24, 2008

now we wear same-colored yellow uniforms


i am the luckiest girl on earth.

truly.

my job is amazing. almost every day i get to eat lunch on top of a mountain. i get to play in the mud and dirt. i get PAID to go camping. my muscles are getting bigger. everyday i get to push my limits and i always surprise myself with how hard i can actually work in a day. this job is so rewarding and i just feel so lucky that i have this opportunity.

there is a meadow up american fork canyon called Julie Andrews Meadow. i want to kiss the person that named it that. it makes me smile.

it's funny because my brother and i usually don't get along all that well, but lately he has finally been acting more like a big brother to me. he says he brags about me all day to his coworkers and friends and he keeps telling me how proud he is of me and the choices i have made in my life. since my parents are out of town and they don't trust me to be home alone, my brother stayed with me. we spent the majority of the day just talking and doing stuff together. we even contemplated going on an afternoon dirt bike ride. it's just amazing to me how when you're just one-on-one with someone you normally don't get along with the walls come down and it is possible to actually enjoy each other's company. it was nice.

with all these peaceful and happy things going on in my life there is also constant chaos that won't ever seem to go away. i don't know what to do about it. i'm beginning to think there is nothing i can do about it but smile and push through it, then hope that in 3 months it will be nonexistent. i highly doubt it.

1 comment:

Elysie said...

haha. thats sweet of your brother. though i couldn't stop thinking about a certain someone who may or may not have sneaked into your house when you brother was there. ha ha. happy happy