Thursday, December 17, 2009

that kiss in your driveway, we were more than just friends

i have become a little bit of an insomniac as of late. it's strange because i was always a nine-hours-a-night-plus-a-two-hour-nap-girl, that is the only way i could function. but now i seem to be fine with 5 hours of sleep a night. my dad says it will catch up to me. i guess we will see.
life has been absolutely wonderful. i feel like i have been extremely blessed. my dad made the comment to me today that someone must be watching out for me. you see, about two weeks ago i had a bit of an.... errrr... accident. i was driving after it had been snowing all day and my car started sliding down a hill and i ran my car into the temple fence. luckily i wasn't hurt, and no serious damage was done to my car (which is a blessing cause i have no money to pay for repairs). today i went to get my tires checked out though and they said one tire had a screw in it and had hardly any air, and another got pinched and was so worn out that it was going to have a blow out very soon. we were lucky to catch it. and i had a warranty on the tires.... so i got them for free. someone is definitely watching out for me.

tonight was my birthday party with just my family since i was in virginia on my real birthday. we went to the tavernacle in downtown slc. the tavernacle is a piano bar, i had heard a lot about it from my friends and just wanted to go somewhere where they would check my i.d., it was a blast. i requested some lady gaga for kicks and they rocked it on the piano. i loved being there with my family. it was so nice to have fun together and relax. it seems like we haven't had moments like that for a very long time. even though everyone around us was completely drunk, my dad and i had a good time making fun of them while we sipped our soda.

so as i mentioned before, i went to virginia for a week. i stayed three days with my friend jessie's family and three days with blake and his mom. it was such a great trip, something that was so needed after a rough week of finals. blake gave me the best birthday in existence and showed me around nelson county. it was so sweet to meet his mom and hang out with her. she is such a sweet lady and so much fun! nelson county was amazing. there was just such a peaceful feeling all the time, maybe it was just because i was on a vacation, but it was so refreshing to look out a window and only see trees, or only have one traffic light in the entire county. life just seems a lot more slower paced and more enjoyable.

so for the break i am going to just try to stay super busy and productive. i got a job in park city at a shop called prospect. i will be working my but off trying to get into shape. hopefully hanging out with loads of people. i just need to stay busy.
sorry this is all over the place. i think will try to go to sleep now.

1 comment:

Elysie said...

The fence knew. It's all knowing.