Thursday, December 31, 2009



My parent's 30th anniversary was yesterday december 30, 2009. this is a picture of them in a chapel in las vegas 30 years ago. and not just in any chapel, the circus circus chapel :).

through my parent's marriage i have learned so very much. they are a very good example to me and teach me many important things that i know will be important to incorporate into my marriage someday.

i'm not saying they have a perfect blissful marriage, but they have a marriage that has survived many ups and downs and several trying times. i am thankful for their example that has taught me not to give up when things are rough, and that working things out is the only option. they have shown me the importance of forgiveness and unconditional love in a marriage. my mother has always been such a solid person and such a hard worker. she does so much for the marriage and for our family it often astounds me that a person can do that much! my father has always put family before anything else. he shows his love by always spending lots of time with us. he was such a great father, always sticking to his guns even when it would be easier just to give in and spoil us, but he knew in the long run that would not make us happy. i am so grateful for my parents and their marriage that has taught me so much. congrats on 30 years mommy and daddy!

No comments: