Thursday, December 24, 2009

oh nine was mighty fine!

the annual survey:

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? got baptized, lived in provo, went to mexico, had a car, learned how to knit, turned 21, went canyoneering
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions? no.. i always resolve that i will floss every day, but it never sticks
4. Did anyone close to you die? yes, my good friend blake strebel
5. What countries did you visit? MEXICO!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?better grades, faster legs,a better relationship with my family, a nice mountain bike
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 9, 2009, the day i got baptized
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? turning my life around
9. What was your biggest failure? STATS 2000
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? a painful shin, bronchitis, got sick from the water in mexico, and had swine flu
11. What was the best thing you bought? my rubber boots
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Ron Paul
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Obama's
14. Where did most of your money go? phone bill, my car, rent, and food!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?floating down the provo river, going to virginia, bonfires, drew danburry shows, lake powell.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2009? mgmt-kids, any bon iver, any lady gaga
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier?: much, much happier. happier than i have ever been. i have finally figured out how to have eternal happiness.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? reading
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? caring what other people think
20. Who had the biggest influence on your life in 2009? blake, logan, steve, heath, caroline, and ali
21. What was your favorite TV program? the office, america's next top model, jimmy kimmell live
22. Do you know anyone now that you didn't this time last year? many. last year i was a bit antisocial, but i broke out of my shell this year.
23. What was the best book you read? the book of mormon
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? owen
25. What did you want and get? feeling comfortable in my own skin
26. What did you want and not get? a new mountain bike
27. What was your favorite film of this year? 500 days of summer hands down, then where the wild things are at a close second.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? oh man. best birthday of my life. i turned 21, was in virginia with blake. he took me ice skating, surprised me with a unicorn to ride :), then ended with him and his friends jamming out on their guitars. loved it.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? being able to save my money.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? a classy hippie
31. What kept you sane? heavenly father
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?i fancied adrien brody quite a lot
33. What political issue stirred you the most?the global warming hoax
34. Who did you miss?blake strebel, and all my friends on missions that are coming back shortly!!!
35. Who was the best new person you met? this is easy, blake h. thomas
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009: how important family is. and how stupid grudges are.
37. song lyrics that sum up the year:
i can't really do this one, cause there are so many.
but this is a song i have been obsessed with

I hear the drums echoing tonight
But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
She's coming in 12:30 flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation
I stopped an old man along the way,
Hoping to find some old forgotten words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say,
Hurry boy, It's waiting there for you

It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never have

The wild dogs cry out in the night
As they grow restless longing for some solitary company
I know that I must do what's right
As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti
I seek to cure what's deep inside,
frightened of this thing that I've become

Hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa,
I bless the rains down in Africa
I bless the rains down in Africa,
I bless the rains down in Africa
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never have

1 comment:

Elysie said...

Kim, you have to watch the "Kids" music video. It's trippy, it also made me laugh.