Thursday, March 20, 2008

epitome of perfection

i've come to the realization that everything in my life is completely and utterly perfect. At times things may seem really sucky, but honestly those sucky times are the times that make me a better person.

i have strong legs to run on that pay for living and college. I think my injuries this year have helped me to figure out if running is really what i want to be doing for the next four years of my life. There's nothing like having something taken away and then realizing how bad you really want it. this week has been my first week starting to run with the team again.... it's been one rough week, i'm not gonna lie. i haven't been this sore in a very long time. but it feels so good to be working hard again at something i love. and the free massages from the trainers aren't all that bad either.

For the first time in my life i feel like i am exactly where i should be. i know i am in the right major, i know that running is supposed to be a huge part of my life, and i know that he is the best guy on earth for me right now. when i take a step back and look at where i am, and look at the big picture of where i am headed, i really like it. quite a lot actually. it's when i get too focused on the little details of my life that seem to be all wrong that i get frustrated and pessimistic. but then i think of the people cheering me on in life: coaches as they grin widely the first time they see me run across the track in 4 months, parents who would drive 5 hours just to see me run a five minute race, amazing boyfriend that rides his bike next to me while i run, friends that come to the gym with me on a saturday morning when they could be sleeping in..... all these amazing people in my life that i know i cannot ever let down..... give me strength and help keep me focused on my goals.

3 comments:

Sara said...

This is the english major in me freaking out: It's spelled epitome.
Much loves-
Sara

Original Kos said...

i love your blog, Kim. You're a poetic writer and I love to read whatever it is you decide to write, rain or shine.

Elysie said...

kim, i love how well you express your emotions, sad, happy, or angry. you're amazing.

on an unrelated note, i love happy kim (i love all the other kims too)