Sunday, March 7, 2010

our shadow by day and our pilar by night

just a warning, i am going to get churchy in this post.

i am just amazed as a result of this past weekend. i know my heavenly father knows me and loves me, but it just surprised me so much how much he really does know me. i don't know how i would have survived this weekend without the many church events that went on saturday and sunday: saturday evening stake conference, sunday morning stake conference and a ces fireside. in each of these meetings every speaker touched on something that i really needed to hear at this time. all the testimonies that were shared really touched me and gave me a much needed extra strength. i was asked on the spot to (once again) share my testimony at stake conference. i'm pretty sure people are sick of hearing from me by now, but it still felt great. i have a really hard time verbalizing my feelings, sometimes i feel like it is just a series of grunts and random noises that come out of my mouth. as i listen to the testimonies of others i sometimes can't help but feel a little inadequate, that they are so much more eloquent than i am. but i figure maybe my testimony can speak to those out there that are less eloquent and can see that someone as shy and awkward as me can get up there and feel so passionately about this church. that is my hope.

2 comments:

Elysie said...

Kim, I'm sure your testimony was BOMB! (To use a 90's word) and I don't think people can get sick of hearing your testimony, you're like a shining beacon of happiness and faith, I know that people look up to you. :)

Unknown said...

What church do you belong to?