Wednesday, February 11, 2009

too much

i don't even know what is going on
i think my mind plays tricks on me
i have to convince myself that the smile and the wink
you directed towards me
were merely a hallucination.
it was.
it has to be.
i can't get excited,
that's how i end up hurt.
he's just a nice boy
he does that to everyone
it doesn't mean anything.....
those sweet messages you send....
he's just being a good friend.

but it does. and it's scary.
i want you to know me
but the more you know
the more of myself i give to you.
the more you can hurt me.

it scares me.
and i want it all to mean something
more than you can know.
i used to wear my heart on my sleeve,
but i just can't anymore.
he ruined that for me.

every word, every look,
it means a lot to me.
don't mess with me, i'm begging you.
it's just too much to take.

No comments: