Friday, April 24, 2009

blakey poo.

a very close friend of mine passed away last thursday night. i can't even believe this is real. we had planned on having him come up to logan for a visit, but every time he called me to plan a day something came up and i was always too busy. i am kicking myself right now.
i just can't even believe it.
he was such a great guy, i have never in my life heard one bad thing said about him. he always had an infectious smile on his face.
he helped pick up the pieces after the break up 4 months ago. he would sit and listen to me talk about trivial things in my life. but he was just that kind of person. he knew when someone needed a friend and he was there. i am so thankful for that.
the only thing that gives me comfort is knowing that i will see him again. i wonder how i would have felt had this happened two months ago to me. it is still painful, but i know now that i will see him again.

blake, you were such an awesome guy. you always put a smile on my face and you always listened. i am sorry that we never got a chance to paint the town of logan red, and i am sorry i never brought you cookies like i promised. you taught me not to sweat the small stuff and that even when we have trials in our lives you can still go through them with a smile on your face. i miss hearing you whisper funny comments in my ear during boberg's long lectures. i miss having you be the mediator in political science between the debaters and the non-debaters. you were great. there is no doubt about that. i will never forget you and i can't wait to see you again.

1 comment:

Brett and April said...

Life is full of 'i wishes' and heartache. It's funny the curves that life throws at us. I hope that you keep continuing to do well. I'm sorry to hear of the news of your friend.

but like you said, you will see him again-- it will be a happy day!