Tuesday, October 7, 2008

oh the joy of politics

okay. i need to vent for a while. so bare with me.

i don't care if your opinion is different from mine. in fact i love to listen to people talk about their opinions and their reasoning's behind them. i love political and religious discussions..... but if you are going to talk about politics or religion with me please don't be condescending and treat me like a child. i try my hardest to be open to your ideas and beliefs, why can't you just do the same for me. don't be a bitch, cut me off, yell at me and treat me like your high school debate opponent.

also, if you say you have an opinion about something, you should get something to back it up. something stronger than "well, that's what my parents and my friends believe." i don't really have respect for people who form their opinions and cast their votes based on what other people believe. but when you actually know why you believe what you do it makes you look so much smarter.

3 comments:

Elysie said...

man i suck at politics.

aaannnnndddd i'm sorry again for how that convo went down. stupid/bitchy people


so much for why i dislike sara palin.i never really got to say

angela said...

kim i like the high school debate comment. very nice touch.

Amanda said...

oh my heck this just happened to me and yuck. it makes me want to punch babies when people start arguing about politics, especially when they don't know ANYTHING and the only way they have gotten their facts is from the mainstream media. grrr.