Sunday, June 7, 2009

i was your silver lining but now i'm gold

i am moving into a quaint little house in downtown provo with my friend bird on tuesday. i am so excited to finally get settled into the summer routines. everyone keeps warning me not to let provo eat me alive. it won't. i don't think i'm the kind of person that would let it. i will be in a cute white abode with a great roomie in a neighborhood that is close enough to velour that i can walk to see drew danbury play. how can it get any better than that? oh, i know. add some green otterpops, jones soda, cafe rio and bike rides and we have the recipe for a perfect summer.

it is just astounding to me to look back on all the blessings that have happened in my life in the last few months. the great friends by my side, a family that is starting to come closer together piece by piece, a great job, legs that work. don't get me wrong, i have my down times, but they are just have just been getting few and far between lately. and normally when those occur i can trace them back to a stupid decision i have made.

summer seems to be the season for marriage. so many people that are close to me are tying the knot this summer and it's so neat to see the excitement in their faces as the days draw near. it makes me excited to feel that way too someday. someday.

the summer of two thousand and nine will be the summer of:
rodeos,
learning to love cooking again,
saving money for the future,
biking adventures,
using my $200 long board i bought two years ago,
learning Vietnamese perhaps?,
raspberries and cream snowcones,
rekindling friendships,
seeing logan-boy-who-makes-me-smile,
chaco tan lines,
stomping around in my cowboy boots,
bringing my family closer together,
running because i love it,
green, then pink, then red, then purple, then orange otterpops (in that order),
floating down the provo,
hiking timp mountain,
optimism,
pushing myself to be better,
listening to obscure music,
going to shows that make me smile for a week,
walking barefoot.



i love life. and i love that i don't have to be in a super excited mood to love it. i have begun to be content with finding joy in the little amazing things about life. i love it. and i am so excited for the things that are going to happen this summer. i feel like it's going to be the best yet.

2 comments:

angela said...

you should add hanging out with angela in provo to your this is the best summer ever list... :) i am so excited!!

Elysie said...

we need to eat otter pops, it is still warm outside so i think we should get a box!